by Kara-Leah Grant
The last time we had Swami Muktidharma on YLB, he shared the story of dreaming about his guru before meeting him. To our western minds, it sounds magical and mystical. But in the world of yoga, and yogis, it’s commonplace. Yoga deals with many different layers of reality, and indeed, is a way of seeing clearly what reality actually is, beyond our limited sense of the material world.
It’s that ability to see deeper, and wider, that makes sitting in the presence of Swamis like Muktidharma so powerful. Listening with an open mind and an open heart allows us to receive a transmission of energy, and of reality, that can shift our very state of being.
In particular, at the end of this interview, Swami Muktidharma shares his perspective on the state of the world today. Amidst the war, famines, global warming, and toll we’re taking on the planet… it’s easy to despair about the state of the planet, and the state of humanity. This kind of doom and gloom thinking can create all kinds of depression, anxiety, fears and anger.
However, ask Swami Muktidharma what he sees when he looks at the world – the same world you’re seeing – and his response is completely different. It’s a message of hope, and broader understanding that can bring relief, and a sense of everything being as it needs to be.
I hope you’re able to take some time in your day to watch this interview, and feel into the wisdoms that Swami Muktidharma offers. Enjoy!
An interview with Swami Muktidharma, Spiritual Director of Anahata Retreat
Tune in to hear us discuss:
– Swami Muktidharma’s journey from Colombia to India to New Zealand.
– What makes Satyananda yoga different
– The story of yoga in the west – from weight loss, hippies, drugs, and relaxation, to a deeper exploration of yoga
– How yoga helps us to widen our perspective to see ourselves as we really are
– Yoga as the culture of tomorrow – what would society look like if everyone practiced yoga?
– What is it so powerful to sing mantra?
– Why yoga is like mathematics.
– As yogis, what hope can we have for the world?
Are you ready to be transformed by Yoga?
Subscribe to our mailing list & every 2 months we'll send you a newsletter filled with Yoga goodness.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.