When I received an email from Yoga teacher Samar Ocean Wolf Ciprian describing a healing and self-care technique she was using as ‘Yoga for the Organs’, I was intrigued.
This Mayan method talks about realigning the uterus, steaming the vagina and soaking the penis! For one, I had no idea the uterus could get out of alignment, and I’d never heard anyone doing anything like that with genitals.
I had to talk to her. Plus, then I read through the testimonials on her website. Samar’s made a serious difference in a number of people’s lives.
In this video interview with Samar Ocean Wolf Ciprian of Moon Yoga we discuss:
- The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, how they were developed, and the story of Dr Rosita Arvigo
- Massaging from the sternum to the pubic bone and how the body heals itself
- Uterine alignment. How does a uterus get out of alignment?
- Why a woman’s uterus is her centre
- Yoga for organs
- How yoga changed her life after a car accident
- How she discovered Maya Abdominal Therapy and her journey with it
- Self care – how you can learn Arvigo techniques to use at home
- Squatting over hot coals, and vaginal steaming stools
- Other ways of working with wellbeing she uses, and how they inform each other
- What you can learn in the upcoming self-care course
- Penis soaks for men
Samar Ocean Wolf Ciprian is a Reiki Master of the Usui Tradition, and an Ashram Yoga-trained Yoga Teacher, with specialized training in Natal Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Samar is also a certified practitioner of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, with additional training in pregnancy. Samar is an NFNLP certified Hypnotherapist and has a diploma in Raynor Holistic Massage.
Samar was blessed to spend her early twenties under the guidance of some very special mentors through which she gained a deep experiential understanding of intuitive healing, transpersonal psychology and walking with Nature. Samar holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, and is the founder and currently sole practitioner at Moon Yoga, located in her 120 year old home in Mount Albert where she lives with her partner, little boy and little dog. Samar is also a poet, vegetarian and organic gardener.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get updates to your inbox from The Yoga Lunchbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.