So you’re thinking about doing Teacher Training? You’re in the right place.
Choosing who to train with is a big decision. It’s not just about the financial cost, or the training location, or the timing. It’s about the people leading the training and the philosophy behind what they do.
We’ve created this Guide to make your research that much easier. This is your one-stop shop to Australian Yoga Teacher Trainings, with a variety of styles represented.
You can easily browse through all the trainings on offer and get a good feeling for who you might want to train with, and then contact the provider directly for more information.
We’ve also included a selection of relevant articles down below that may help you make a more informed decision on which training is right for you.
Join the Guide
If you run a Yoga Teacher Training in Australia and would like to be included in this guide, click the button below to contact Lucinda who manages and writes the YLB Teacher Training Guides.
- February 16th – November 23rd, 2018, Toronto N.S.W.
- Early Bird special: $4700 – Paid in full by December 31st, 2017.
- Full fee: $5000.00.
Living Peace teacher training offers practical and grounded teaching in how to share and instruct yogic techniques and philosophy.
We believe that the best teachers embody yoga in their day to day life, therefore, our course is designed to help you dive deep into all facets of yoga so that the teachings become a part of your life. The course framework and length allows you to ingest and digest the full yogic experience. The curriculum is drawn from the sacred traditions of Raja, Hatha, Bhakti, Karma, Jnana Yoga and Vedanta, merged with the contemporary teachings of anatomy and physiology.
This course is suitable for:
- Individuals interested in becoming certified Yoga Teachers.
- Individuals who would like to explore and experience yoga at a deeper level.
- Yoga Teachers who wish to enhance their awareness and experience of yoga.
February – December 2018, Upper Brookfield Retreat, Brisbane, from $4990. Payment plans also available.
YIMI (Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute) respects the ancient yogic and Ayurvedic teachings and modern Western medicine and gives students the opportunity to learn these sciences side by side so they can develop an appreciation of their value and become the best practitioners in their fields.
YIMI delivers yoga teacher training (200HR, 350HR, 500HR), accredited online & distance yoga teacher training, advanced diploma in yoga therapy, meditation teacher training, restorative yoga teacher training, as well as post -graduate specialties and short courses.
- Ongoing roll out from February 2018, Torrensville, South Australia.
- Level 1: $10,088. Advance payment in full lump sum, flexible terms.
The Yoga Spirit Studios Teacher Training Program is the gold standard of teacher training programs in Australia. The course begins with an understanding that Hatha Yoga is movement with awareness and that its practice can unlock hidden depths, ultimately leading to the integration of the whole person. In a safe environment, trainees discover how yoga can excavate body memories and how healing can be found through movement.
The innate teacher emerges from a chrysalis of deep-felt understanding of the origins of movement and of the connection between movement and feeling states.
This training has two levels, a 350 hour Level 1 Certificate and add-on subjects to bring it to the 500 hour Level 2 Advanced Certificate. This training is not a fast track to certification as it takes time to integrate the deep teachings of the hatha yoga path. The course is recognized by Yoga Australia as full meeting their requirements of admission as a Level 1 Yoga Teacher.
1st- 28th August 2018, Umbria, Italy, €5,995 EURO (early bird and payment plans available).
Rainbow Yoga 200/300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a unique experience, a journey into the womb and back, all the way from pre-conception (Fertility Yoga) to old age and everything in between.
Learn specific tools to engage and benefit all of the different stages of life and segments of our society, you’ll be able to reach a wider audience and share the magic of yoga with people throughout their whole journey, through the circle of life.
Our new paradigm of yoga is bound to make the world a better place by teaching people to expand their joy by connecting to themselves and all they come into contact with. In our 200/300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training we move as one, supporting, being supported and co-creating an experience that expands the heart, lifts the spirit, and extends way beyond the mat.
- Full-time. Sydney, 6th February- 11th March / June TBA / Sydney 4th October – 5 November.
- Early Bird: $3390 AUD / Full price $3790 AUD
Welcome to BodyMindLife. Our Teacher Training program is all about Transformation: taking you on a personal journey that will inspire you, challenge you and empower you in every aspect of your life.
Authenticity is everything in yoga and our course is led by amazing, world-class teachers who truly live their yoga. These include Wanderlust headliner and Yoga Journal contributor, Noelle Connelly and the founder of BodyMindLife, Phil Goodwin, who brings over 1,000 hours of yoga teaching experience.
Study the science of sequencing, explore the intricacies of alignment & anatomy and immerse yourself in yogic philosophy in this powerful Vinyasa training.
If you’re looking for a life-changing course that captures the true essence of yoga, choose BodyMindLife.
What our graduates say:
The best educational experience I’ve had. I wish everyone had the opportunity to do this course – the world would be a better place.
350 and 500-hour options are also available, plus other intermediate and advanced options. Click here for all Teacher Training dates and prices.
June 2018 – May 2019, Murrumbeena, Melbourne, $4500 (early bird available).
This teacher training is different: a technical and apprentice-style training with emphasis on anatomy and biomechanics. Much of your training will be hands-on, apprentice-style learning so that when you qualify, you already have teaching experience. This training is for you if you like to know how things work and hate being asked to accept things because of tradition or because someone tells you it’s so. Aside from deepening your practice, you’ll learn effective teaching skills and get real results for your future students. It is a VERY interactive training so expect lots of group discussions, teaching practice, and more interactions!
Power Living • 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training with Bali Immersion Retreat • Led by Duncan Peak & the Senior Facilitation team
- Part-time programmes available in Manly, Fitzroy, Perth, Bondi Beach & Adelaide, $4,899 (10% member discount). Various dates available: See them here.
- Full-time program available in Bondi Beach, 23 Jul – 17 Aug 2018, $3,499 (10% member discount). Find out more here.
Yoga teacher training is a transformational journey that will challenge you and change your life!
- Immerse yourself in a weeklong, transformational retreat in Bali – the most powerful component of the training. You’ll practice daily yoga, meditation and leave empowered to rise through challenges in life as you step into your most powerful, authentic self!
- You’ll explore yogic philosophy, study the body & alignment through anatomy lectures and learn to teach a powerful sequence.
- For aspiring yoga teachers, you’ll graduate ready to teach a class through practice teaching from the outset and live coaching throughout the course.
- Awesome for dedicated students wanting to learn more, dive deeper into this life-changing practice and take yoga off the mat.
- On graduation, gain access to the Power Living Teachers Network – a community with the common goal of living a life more connected and full.
- You can enrol at any time as the course requires online readings and assessments to be completed before arrival at the practicum.
- Practicum dates 2018: Saturday 13th October – Saturday 10th November, Byron Bay. Cost is $4250 (AUD).
This training provides the difference between being a Yoga Instructor and an Educator for your students in Yoga.
Graduates will obtain:
- 500hr Yogalates Certificate
- 350hr Yoga Australia/New Zealand certificate for membership application (ID 9108)
- 200 hr Yoga Alliance.org Certificate (ID 26389)
- Qualifications in teaching both Yoga, Pilates & Yogalates, therefore opportunities for working in all fields
Flexible dates, online training including face-to-face workshops in Auckland (late February 2018), Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Los Angeles.
Zen Ki Yoga® is a Japanese form of yoga based on the healing massage, Zen Shiatsu using the meridians the same as an acupuncturist would – without the needles. We use body movement and specific positions to access the meridians and even the actual organs. This approach to working with the body makes Zen Ki Yoga® different to any other form of yoga you would have experienced before and a very effective healing system.
We have made it easier for you to study Zen Ki Yoga® with our comprehensive, online training modules accompanied by our face-to-face workshops for each. Our training is great for anyone wanting to learn to become a teacher even if you have NO experience. We also provide short individual training modules for as continuing professional development for yoga teachers of any style, personal fitness trainers, physical therapists, shiatsu practitioners and other bodyworkers.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get updates to your inbox from The Yoga Lunchbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.