by Kara-Leah Grant
Over the years I’ve collected a large collection of yoga books, DVDs and accessories. Many of them I never use. So I’ve decided to gift them out to The Yoga Lunchbox community.
Plus, the New Zealand distributors of Shakti Mats have kindly offered two Shakti mats as prizes for this competition (see below for information on the Shakti Mat). You may have seen their stall at Wanderlust Great Lake Taupo – now’s your chance to get your hands on one of their awesome mats.
In return, I’m asking you to send in your short video testimonial on one of the following topics:
- How Forty Days of Yoga has impacted your life
- What you learned from The No-More-Excuses Guide to Yoga
- What it’s like doing a yoga class with me, or hearing me speak
- What The Yoga Lunchbox means to you.
All of the videos submitted will be used as promotion on either the website, social media or YouTube channel.
They don’t have to be anything fancy – just you, talking straight to video, sharing from the heart. Use your laptop camera, use your iPhone, get your boyfriend or girlfriend to video you… whatever it takes.
Make sure you start your video by introducing yourself and where you’re from:
Hi, my name is Kara-Leah & I’m from Wellington.
Other than that, you can say what you like, how you like on the video. It doesn’t have to be long. Sometimes 1 minute is enough. Sometimes 4 minutes is perfect.
Here’s what you have to do to enter this yoga giveaway:
- Make a short video sharing some feedback on something I offer (see above suggestions)
- At the beginning of the video, introduce yourself and say where you’re from
- Upload that video to your favourite file-sharing service
- Fill in the competition form down below, nominating preferred prizes
- Collect your prize from the mailbox
A few pointers about the yoga giveaway:
- Anyone can enter, from anywhere in the world by submitting a video
- However due to the high cost of postage, only New Zealanders are eligible for prizes
- The only exception to this are DVDs, which are light and so cheaper to post
- So if you’re not in New Zealand, make sure to nominate your favourite DVD to win
- You must be ok with your name & video being shared widely and staying on the website and associated media
- Prizes will be awarded on a first come/first served basis, and I’ll keep removing awarded prizes from the list.
- I know it can be challenging to speak on camera! Imagine that I’m in front of you and you want to share directly with me your experience of one of my offerings. It doesn’t have to be fancy and the words don’t have to be perfect. Heart-felt and real always trumps slick and professional!
Any questions about the process, giveaway, prizes or otherwise, send me an email.
Submit Your Video Testimonial & Choose Your Yoga Prize
Don’t forget to say your name & where you are from at the beginning of the video.
[gravityform id=”16" name=”Submit your testimonial” title=”false” description=”false”]
About Shakti Mats
The Shakti Mat is a therapeutic tool that uses the benefits of acupressure to bring about a feeling of deep relaxation. It is designed to combat stress, sleep problems and back pain, while encouraging circulation, muscle recovery and relaxation. A modern day version of the bed of nails, the Shakti Mat uses acupressure to release endorphins that relieve pain and trigger a positive feeling in the body.
While practicing yoga in the Himalayas, a Swedish Yogi named Om Mokshananda was intrigued by the beds of nails the yogis meditated on. After using them himself, he invented the Shakti Mat in 2007 a modern day user friendly bed of nails.
By 2009, 10% of the Swedish population owned a Shakti Mat and this new phenomena is now spreading across the world. Millions of users swear by the Shakti Mat, from Europe to America, and finally it has arrived in New Zealand!
About YogaAnywhere Practice Cards
The YogaAnywhere Tool Kit is made up of 10 cards. Each card contains an individual program that all yoga practitioners should have available to support them in their lives. The daily grind of life can get to us, and yoga is a wonderful tool to take us through those times when we need a little help.
Each beautifully illustrated card includes a complete 60 to 75 minute practice designed by Eve Grzybowski to address common issues and complaints. These carefully constructed sequences include details of the poses, exercises and general advice to give you maximum value. Whether you’re having trouble sleeping, have just arrived in your hotel room after a long flight, are feeling tired, low or simply unwell, there is a practice in this box that will help.
Especially designed for beginners, Yoga Basics is an easy to follow program for better health, flexibility and peace of mind.
This pack contains 10 beautifully illustrated cards, one for each week of a ten week course that tie a clear, practical and portable guide to getting started in yoga.
The Yoga Basics Pack is a ten-week program that will support you in building your own systematic, safe and thorough yoga practice. If you’re unable to attend classes, these cards will give you the foundations you need. Or, if you’re doing classes, these practices can support your training and help you integrate everything you’re learning.
The text and images on each card will guide you through a beautifully designed practice. The poses are presented clearly and in a sequence that will support your body safely through the process of learning the fundamentals of yoga.