by Travis Mattern, Fitness Education Online
I’ll start this off by saying I am by no means a yoga expert! But, the good news for you, is that over the last five or so years my company, Fitness Education Online, has been helping fitness professionals build their Bootcamps and improve their social media presence through some simple hacks. So today I’m going to share with you 5 key strategies you can implement to improve your social media presence as a yoga teacher or studio.
- Don’t rely on your Facebook Business Page! Sharing posts on your business page is next to useless!! The organic reach has slid in the last eight years from around 26% of your audience to 0.5%, which essentially means you’ll need 200 people on your page just to have one organic view on what you post. So is a Business page useless? NO, it is a place where your potential clients go to stalk you and see what you’re about, PLUS, it will allow you to tap into a couple of other cool features (ads and messenger automation).
- STOP BOOSTING POSTS! Boosted posts have improved over the last few years to include many better features. However, everything you do on the boosted post you can do via Facebook Ads and more. Don’t put money into simply getting more views, make sure you’re tracking your return on investment. 2:1 ratio is what we would consider a working funnel: i.e. you put $1 into a Facebook ad and your sales should amount to $2.
- Run Facebook Ads. Lead ads specifically. This allows you to grow your email list, by capturing; Name, number & email. Now it doesn’t stop there, you’ll actually need to email them (regularly) and even call them! Your ad will only be as successful as your offer. If you rely on drop-in visits your Facebook ad will never be profitable. Ideally, you should be selling a product worth $300-500 (e.g. 3 sessions a week for 10 weeks).
- Start a Facebook Group. Well, to be precise, two Facebook groups.
- Your first group is a community group that is for EVERYBODY, any leads, ex-clients or yoga enthusiasts. This is a place where you can build trust and position yourself as an expert in the field. Give regular value to these people by sharing lives, content, and photos of your sessions. Not just selling!
- Your second group is for your paying clients: a VIP Group. This is a place where you can provide added value by running online challenges.
- Give value. Don’t be scared to share your content! So often trainers are scared to go live, sharing their workouts or advice. Realistically, your clients are training with you because they choose to, they could stay home and YouTube yoga workouts. So I encourage you to create eBooks – E.G. Top Five Yoga Poses For Back Pain: and give this away! Work on building your list, utilising social media. Go live for one session a week with a different tip, flow, sequence, or answering a commonly asked question. Communicate with your audience more often, share content, build trust, create raving fans and earn the right to sell them into your next program.
I hope this has helped give you a few ideas on how you can use Facebook with your yoga business. The options are near endless! If you’re interested please join our Facebook Group for trainers, simply look up: Fitness Education Online Community Group. Also, feel free to reach out to me on Facebook or visit our website.
November 22 – 24, 2019, Auckland, New Zealand.
Join Travis Mattern and other movement experts at the Hauora Yoga Conference, a three-day educational event where the professional yoga community in Aotearoa New Zealand connect, discuss, learn, innovate and practice together. Educate yourself, practice yoga and be part of national discussions with our selection of Clinics, Masterclasses, Workshops, Discussion Panels, Keynote Speakers and more!
Early bird pricing available until October 1st.
* Special Offer for Yoga Lunchbox Readers! *
In addition to the early bird discount save an EXTRA $50 by using the code YLBYLB . That means you’ll save a total of $150 off the full price for 3-day attendance at the Hauora Yoga Conference!
About Travis Mattern
Travis is a qualified personal trainer with over 10 years of experience, working in various settings. His niche and expertise are on Bootcamps and Functional Training. Travis is the Co-Founder of Fitness Education Online, the leading provider of online professional development for personal trainers and home to one of the largest Facebook communities of personal trainers in Australia, with over 10 000 members. He has since co-authored a book The Bootcamp Blueprint and presented on the topic internationally.