Made a Successful Pitch?
No? Start here.
Yes? Continue reading.
Now you’re successfully made a pitch, it’s time to write your article. Here’s some tips to help you out.
Writing your article
- Tone: YLB articles are honest, authentic, direct, sometimes funny, personal and written from direct experience
- Originality: Submitted articles must be original to The Yoga Lunchbox, ie. not have been published elsewhere on the internet. Remember, authors retain copyright of their articles, and you’re free to re- publish it anywhere one month after it first goes live on The Yoga Lunchbox.
- Images: Make sure you have permission/copywrite over all photos you use. Homegrown photos are great. They need to be clear, in focus, and well-lit. All photos need to be 200 pixels wide, and portrait (vertical) alignment.
- Length: Articles should be between 600 – 1000 words (longer if exceptional).
Structuring your article
- Paragraphs and sentence length: Use paragraphs to break up your article. This makes it a lot easier to read! Try varying your sentence length so you have a mix of short and long sentences.
- Lists: Readers love lists, but make each point strong, with juicy detail.
- Catchy headlines: This is your first and only chance to grab the interest of the reader. Maximum 10 words, make every single one count! Make the headline as juicy and keyword-rich as possible.
- Blurbs: Don’t forget to end with 3 or 4 sentences about you, and what you do, complete with links to your website, and social media. Check out other Guest Authors to see what this looks like on the website.
- Sharing your article: Once your article is published make sure to share it with your friends, family, and community via Facebook, email, twitter and any other mediums you like. This will increase the amount of people reading your article!